Thursday, March 20, 2014

I am looking at what seems to bee three lizards, all three very bright in color, as if mabye the came from some kind of radioactice plant.One is yellow with a blue stripe down its back and an orange stripe inside that. The next is a green lizard supporting green pokadots and diamonds down its middle spine area. dthe third is all srtiped rainbow colored ,and the all seem to be crawling around a feather. All four objects are on a sheet of wrapping paper red based and rainbow striped.

today I think I would rather be at drurys law enforcement class. After thinking about it a while I dont think m.t.t. is what prefesion i whould like to choose. The law enforement class  seems like it would be more me. You get to drive fast cars, learn how to put people to the ground, protect and serve your community, and best of all you get to carry your fire arm anywhere you want. Also the law enforcment class would help me better understand the laws of the land, so I can proceed in finding my daughter.

I see a large building, alot of people, cars, I see law enforcement officials, a running track, a shooting range.

i smell paper, gunpowder, leather, pepper spray, body sprays, gun oil, tires be burned by police cruisers.

I taste, gunpowder, metal gun frames, paper, the wood from a pencil, pepper spray, donuts lol, coffee,
pork? adventure, bbq, justice.

I feel, cold metal, the wooden desk, vibrations from sirens, pain from defencive taktics exersices, also strenght from the same exersises, exited from a high speed chase,

I hear, the sound of an instructer yelling at recrutes, sirens going down the street, gunshots, painful grunts as a suspect hits the ground from an officer using defencive tactics, squelling tires, gavel slamming, jail cell slamming,

i feel a power of authority, pride to serve, strong to protect, obligated to protect the younger generation of things that I was not protected against when i was young. Justified for brining the criminals to justice,


I just found out that I have been hired into the Christian County Sherriffs Office. I had applied for the position about a week before, and aimideatly after the academy at Drury Universities. As i pull into the jail house I see about a dozen brand new cruizers with the sheriffs logo on them, and all at once I feel a incredible power of athourity come over me along with a great feeling of obligation. I always thought that when I became an officer of the law that my world would change forever. 

      When I got inside the building I realized this is nothing like the police shows on t.v., There is no smell of donuts or coffee as far as I can tell, And I don't hear the sound of the Sheriff yelling at his deputies, not at the moment anyway.

       As I roll out on my first patrol, I no more than get off of the square and see a little red sports car going over the speed limit by about 15 mph. The feeling of excitement and authority and even a little fear start to come over me, as I make my first traffic stop. I manage to keep my cool and proceed to walk to the drivers side of the car.

      When the suspect rolled down the window I catch a strong sent of alcohol. I asked the mid thirtys male, "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?" He paused for a second, and then told me he had no idea. As I told him he was speeding, he tried to slip a piece of gum in his mouth to cover the smell of alcohol. I took this oprotunity to ask him if he had been drinking, and he told me he had a cold and drank some cough medicine about an hour ago. Not really believing the cough medicine story I asked him to please step out of the vehicle.

       I had no idea I would get to say that line on the first day of the job, and I had no idea of what was about to happen next.

     When the man started to open the door I noticed his right hand come over the top of his lap, I started to tell him to keep both hands were I can see them, And right before I could finish the sentence he pulled the trigger. The bullet whistled past my ear. All at once my training took over and I drew my side arm. I pulled the trigger twice, Putting a round in the heart and one in the head.

       It was over just like that. First day as a law enforcement officer, and got two years worth of experience on the first traffic stop. The feelings I have now I can not describe, maybe a mixture of anxiety mixed with post tramatic stress, I'm not sure, but the one thing I do know is that that was not going to end my career. Taking that Life might have saved the life of a young child, and who knows maybe it might have saved you on your way to some place.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment